Friday, October 06, 2006

"the world's longest playground zone"

About 4 years ago I wrote an email to the Herald to their traffic columnist about the ridiculous 30 kph playground zone on Elbow Drive in Elbow Park that is a kilometer long & clearly done for political reasons, not for child safety.
So he quoted my line about it being "the world's longest playground zone". As far as I know, most cities don't have reduced speed limits for school & playground zones like we do here.
Then the Herald's city politics columnist Don Braid used that same line a few months ago in one of his columns about THE playground zone, which pleased me to see him use it.
Today, the Herald used the line in their editorial! The City of Calgary has decided to revisit the issue of reduced speed limits in school & playground zones, especially when there isn't really a playground or a school nearby, so the editorial was on about that.
I guess I should have copyrighted my line, but I'm glad they have made use of it!

No comments: