Monday, October 16, 2006

letter to the editor of the National Post

This morning after returning home from the dentist (teeth are clean again & no cavities for now), I wrote a letter to the editor of the newspaper. They had an editorial from the Edmonton Journal about the proposed EnCana office tower in downtown Calgary.
It is such an inane rivalry between the 2 cities, so I had to add my 2 cents worth about it:

Thank you for sharing the loony Edmonton Journal editorial about the Bow, EnCana's proposed office tower for downtown Calgary, with the rest of Canada. It is clear to see who exactly has the tower envy. One need look no further than the West Edmonton Mall for "devotion to ostentatious showings of richesse", or to Edmonton and area for unrelenting urban sprawl.
I suggest the Edmonton Journal search to see if the heart of Edmonton is still beating while enduring Canada's highest murder rate. Is it because Edmontonians are superior to capitalist Calgarians that you are killing each other in record numbers?
Oh ya, too bad about the Eskimos, you go City of Champions!
Jim
Calgary (obviously)
I'll let you know tomorrow if my letter made it to print. I usually write anti flouride tirades to the Calgary Herald, this is my first letter to the Post. I'm glad I chose such an important issue to write about and not something trivial like North Korea or Afghanistan or world hunger...

No comments: