Saturday, September 23, 2006

new office building on Glenmore Trail S.W.

This office building is going up where the big pentacostal church used to be. I can see the crane from my place.
I should have had my camera on Wednesday night, but the battery was dead. Oops. I went to the grand opening party of a new tailor shop downtown where Charmaine works. It is called 3D Tailors & they have a high tech body scanning machine to take all the measurements & then the data is sent to Germany where the clothes are assembled & then sent back. They have a tailor here for any final alterations if needed. I immediately was drawn to a beautiful black suit jacket in Italian cashmere. It felt so good, but when I saw the price was $3,500, I didn't even bother trying it on.
One of my best scores ever shopping for clothes was at Eaton's. I miss them. I found a black Italian cashmere long winter coat on clearance for $55 reduced from $300. It is probably 12 years old now but it is a classic style so I will keep it forever.
Anyways, after filling my face with yummy food catered from Sorrenti's at the tailor shop ( no I didn't wipe my greasy fingers off on the Italian cashmere or the $600 brown suede coat), we went on to the new Oceana. They used to be on 4 st sw in mission but have now moved in to the former La Caille on the Bow space in Eau Claire. It has a very classy ambience for Calgary. It seems the new thing is varying shades of beige, chocolate & black because the newly done Earl's Tin Palace on 4 st sw & every Moxies is done that way. It works for Oceana. We sat by the double-sided fireplace. There are different seating areas including a patio overlooking the bike path (& maybe you can see the river), raised areas & a private dining room.
I had arctic char with greek lemon roast potatoes. Everything was done perfectly including the carrots & broccoli.
There is another restaurant on the 2nd floor called Q haute cuisine I think. Char knows the owners.
It must be great to live in the condos up above & either take the elevator down to have dinner or even better have them deliver dinner up to the condo!
There is underground parking which will be good to use in winter.

Thursday night I was out for dinner at Oriental Phoenix on 58 ave south with Andrea. It was good to see her after her month long trip to the eastern provinces.
I love Vietnamese & I'm never disappointed with OP, especially their salt & pepper prawns. I haven't been to their downtown or NE locations so I can't comment on them. It is usually very busy at OP, but it was quiet when we were there.
A neighbour phoned me in a panic this afternoon. She had water spraying out from behind her toilet. I phoned the plumber & then went over to see what was going on. The bathroom & hallway & the basement laundry room were flooded. There was water dripping off the bathroom ceiling. What a mess. I shut the valve off behind the toilet. The plumber came right away & fixed it & I went back to eating my leftover butter chicken & basmati rice from Costco.
I had to phone the plumber last week at night for a couple who didn't have any heat in their apartment. I wouldn't have been concerned about them because it wasn't that cold, but they have an infant so that made it a priority. Again the plumber arrived promptly so we certainly get good service from them.

LM is back from her trip to Provence, but their rental car was broken into & their 2 cameras & everything were stolen. She hopes to get a few photos of the trip from the couple that cycled with them.

LJ&F's puppy, Sally, went to doggie heaven. We'll all miss Sally because she used to come hiking with us. Happy trails Sally.
Home Maid in Calgary's little rat dog Willowmena also went to puppy heaven. Although Willow bit Sheila through the hand a few times requiring emergency room visits & antibiotics, little Binky always liked me, but the threat was always there that she might bite with those razor sharp little fangs!
Willow is survived by Stanley, Zen & Harry the cockatiel who says a thousand times a day: "hello Willow"!
Suzie O. says the next dog she gets is going to be a cat!!! (one as nice as Taz!)
If Bellsie kicks it, then I'm changing the name of my blog to the deaddogblog.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: