Sunday, September 24, 2006

going around in circles with good vibrations














As I was biking around with my iPod on, I realized that I felt like I was travelling in an inpenetrable bubble. I could see the outside world, but I couldn't hear it. It was like the outside world couldn't talk back to me.
Every song that played seemed to have meaning. Good Vibrations by the Beach Boys came on & I couldn't help but think it would be hard not to have good vibrations on such a beautiful day.

Then Eleanor Rigby came on. I was feeling very Eleanor Rigby-ish in my iPod-induced splendid isolation at that point & began wondering what old Eleanor what do if she had an iPod & 123 channels on her TV & internet. My guess is she would feel lonelier & more isolated than ever & her cell phone would never ring & her in-box would be empty of emails. Posted by Picasa

No comments: