Thursday, March 15, 2007

Breaking and Entering

my movie review:
The movie is playing at the Globe Cinema downtown and as far as I am concerned their seats are the most uncomfortable of any theatre in town. They are narrow. The plastic cup holder sticking out from the arm rest cuts into my leg. The bottom of the seat slopes down to the front so I feel like I'm battling to keep from sliding out of the seat throughout the movie. The back of the seat comes to about the bottom of my shoulder blades if I sit up straight, so there is no upper back, neck, or head support . Also the movie screen is small for such a big theatre.
The Plaza's seats are almost as bad, and the Uptown's seats are saggy and ancient. I like the Paramount Theatre seats at Chinook. We need more movie theatres, it has been years since any were built here.
If you nodded off during the English Patient, you'll snore through this one (same director, Anthony Minghella). I was wishing I had a remote so I could fast forward through the slow parts and leave the uncomfortable seat sooner rather than later. The movie takes place in London so at least I didn't get thirsty watching it the way I did during the English Patient in the Sahara. The stars are Jude Law, Robin Wright Penn, and Juliette Binoche reprising her role from the English Patient. I'm kidding about the last part, but not really. The lighting and cinematography were beautiful. I'm not going to explain the convoluted plot. I would give it 3 out of 5 stars.

No comments: