Sunday, January 14, 2007

Rockridge district in Oakland


I ate some good food at the Claremont Diner in the orange building on the right. The waitress lent me some of her DVD's for me to watch while I was in Oakland. She introduced me to "Strangers With Candy"!
I also ate at a vegetarian Chinese restaurant around the corner as well as Israeli, Thai, Japanese and Cambodian. There are no Starbucks or fast food chains in the area which is unusual for urban North America, but there are several independant coffee shops and unique shops and restaurants so there is lots of choice. Also Safeway is open 24 hours a day, a block and half away from where I stayed.

I admit I'm no expert on Chinese food in the Bay area, but what I had wasn't as good as what I'm used to in Calgary. As soon as I get a new passport, I'll be back to Oakland and hopefully have time to explore San Francisco since all I saw the last 2 times was from BART.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: